I so agree to this one by Fran Lebowitz, “A salad is not a meal. Its a style.” I was never someone who loved eating healthy food but always liked to make the appearance of the food I eat, interesting.. when I saw the concept of Salads in a Jar, for the first time, I tried it & got hooked onto it.. Ever since I have tried so many permutations & combinations & trust me when I say this but I look forward to my daily dose of “salad”..
Lets understand the advantages of “Salad in a jar”..
- Its really handy & easy to prepare.
- They take up very less space in the fridge.
- High in nutrition & very tasty.
- Easy to carry in a small bag as well & they dont leak.
- You can make good use of the ingredients you have & totally customise it according to your needs.
- For vegetarians, you can make this into a full meal by adding paneer, tofu or any other protein source & for non-vegetarians, you can add chicken, eggs or any other meat of your choice.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
The whole idea behind the layering of the ingredients is that when the dressing goes in first at the bottom of the jar, the other contents don’t get soggy & will stay dry till you want to eat it..
Before eating just unload this jar into a bowl & the greens will form a beautiful salad bed.. You can store this jar in the fridge for 2-3 days & just shake it & eat it.
INGREDIENTS: (for 1 mason jar)
* 1 chopped (square pieces) tomato
* half cup bite sized ice lettuce
* half cup boiled corn
* 1 chopped (square pieces) onions
* half cup cooked macaroni
* 1 cup blanched french beans sliced into half
* 1 cup purple cabbage
* 1 cheese cube
* 12 olives
* 5 jalapeños
* 2 tbsp pizza pasta sauce
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* salt to taste
* chilly flakes (as per your convenience)
* thyme or oregano (quarter teaspoon)
Pour the dressing into the bottom of your mason jar & begin layering the ingredients..
In this case-
Hope you all enjoyed reading this one, please do try it out & let me know..
Also do checkout my YouTube channel- nehazworld01 & subscribe if you like!
A big shout out & thanks to GGF for creating such a great platform..
Thanks a lot,